Top 5 Gifts to Give Musicians When You're Out of Time and Low on Cash
Christmas is VERY NEARLY HERE AND YOU'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME TO BUY GIFTS FOR YOUR FRIEND AND FAMILY, AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
Don't fret. I procrastinate with buying gifts and there is no other person who understand how hard it is to buy a gift for a musician than yours truly. So dear friends, I present to you the "Top 5 Gifts to Give Musicians When You're Out of Time and Low on Cash (2016 Edition)."
1. Snark Tuner - Every musician needs a tuner - especially guitarists, bassists, and any performer who plays a stringed instrument. A floor pedal can be a hassle to carry around and for a lot of folks it doesn't make sense to be looking down between every song to get yourself back in tune. Enter the Snark tuner. These have been around and are super cheap ($9.95) for the quality and accuracy. The tune clips on to the headstock and tuning is super simple with the beautifully illuminated interface. Get the Snark SN5X Clip-On Tuner for Guitar, Bass & Violin here at Amazon.com.
2. Table top Music Stand - Practicing can be a drag for extended hours at a time and most singer/songwriters learn new tunes while sitting down at a desk or a table. Shouldn't there be some way to have a lightweight, foldable music stand for your table or desk? THERE IS! Get the Hamilton Tabletop Music Stand at Amazon here. ($8.49)
3. Ear plugs - Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know it's a boring kind of gift, but too many musicians out there are ruining their hearing during live rehearsal or out at shows. Our ears and hearing are the most valuable instrument we have (yes it IS an instrument). Buying some hearing safety gear for the music maker in your life can extend his or her music career and make them much more comfortable during loud shows! Get some Mack's Ear Care Ultra Soft Foam Earplugs, 50 Pair at Amazon.com. ($8.07)
4. Something Ridiculous - I have just one suggestion in this category, but the point is that musical gift for a musician should meet two criteria: it should be useful and it should be fun. Everyone should get themselves a Kazoo Company 201 Metal Trombone Kazoo at Amazon.com. ($13.99)
5. Something LOUD! - The last item on this list is a little more expensive, but it's good for any kind of instrument that can plug in using a 1/4" cable (like a guitar or general instrument cable - yes, you can find mic cables like this). If your favorite musician in your life has been extra good this year, get them the Danelectro Honeytone N-10 Guitar Mini Amp, Black with belt clip. It's portable and runs on a nine volt battery. Good news is it will be easy to hide as well if you get tired of mobile serenading sessions from your happy musician. ($27.14)
There is still time left before Christmas to get all of these gifts! If you click on one of our links, we'll get a small cut of what you spend but it won't cost you anything extra. Thanks for supporting us!
As always, you can get music for Hollis Webb at the Bandcamp page.
Thank you again, and Merry Christmas!